Friday 11 July 2014

Summer Favourites

It might only be the beginning of July, but the UK has had some amazing summery weather over the past few months and I've already settled right into the summer vibe. I've made a collection of a few of the things I've been loving most whilst the suns been out, in the hope that you might need some inspiration yourself and find this helpful!

PASTEL NAILS. Subtle yet colourful, add a cute and girly twist to any outfit and any style.
Topshop- hide and seek.
Sinful Colours- Hazard.
Barry M- Prickly Pear.

BRIGHT LIPS. Add colour to anything to give it a bright and summery feel.
Kate Moss- 110.
I like this one especially because it's extremely bright and pigmented, and has a matte finish which I'm really liking at the moment! It's an orange, slightly off shade of red which gives a nice summery, floral twist to the classic 'red lips' look.

HIGHLIGHTER. Gives a pearly, radiant look which is enhanced in the sunlight, and looks even better with a nice tanned glow!
Benefit- High Beam.
I really like this one from benefit as it has a faint pink tint which adds to the pearly look, and is also rather long-lasting compared to others. It also comes with a a handy and easy to use applicator which many don't!

BODY MIST. Obviously, it's always good to smell nice all year round, but I like to go for a more natural, floral scent when the weather get's warmer.
Hollister- Malibu Beach & Silver Strand Beach body mists.


MOISTURIZER. With all of the tanning and sun exposure that comes with this time of year, It's super important to save your skin from drying out and regularly moisturizing!
Soap and Glory- the Righteous Butter & Butter yourself Moisture Lotion.
As most people do, I rave about every single Soap and Glory product there is on this earth. These two carry fresh and cooling scents and do the job brilliantly, even after one use my legs were left feeling soft and smooth the next morning. they also come in very generous sizes, and a little bit goes an extremely long way!

MUSIC. I don't know about you, but most of my summer is spent sunbathing, reading, or chilling with friends, and music is listened to every minute of everyday. There's always one album that becomes the main soundtrack to the holiday, and this year it's this one!
5 Seconds of Summer- 5 Seconds of Summer (self titled)
I've been behind this band for over a year now, and their debut album has been VERY long awaited. However, it was definitely worth the wait as this album is filled with upbeat, rocky songs and a lot of catchy chorus's to get stuck in your head. I 100% recommend purchasing if you're in need of some summer anthems!!

FACE MASKS. When the weather gets hotter, i begin to wear less and less make-up to allow the sun to fix up my face, help rid spots, and give me a nice natural glow. However, no make-up means no cover up, meaning I need to do all that I can to prevent those nasty break-outs.
Lush- Cupcake Face Mask.
This organic, natural, chocolate facemask by Lush is handmade specifically to help 'teenage skin' fight break-outs and un-block pores, and it works wonders! It smells delicious and gives your skin an immediate smoother and cleaner feel. Lush never disappoints!

GOLD. I've never been one for jewelry, but this summer I've found myself purchasing and wearing a lot of gold accessories. Rose Gold, in particular, is a great accessory for the summer months as it adds a warmth to your outifit, and is a slightly more boho, soft version to plain gold or silver. It can be dressed up or down depending on what you wear it with, and just adds a little more shine and sophistication to your casual, beachy look.
New Look- Watch & ring set
River Island- Necklace





Thank you for reading, please comment any other product suggestions that you've been enjoying recently as I would love to check them out! I hope you enjoyed, Ellie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment